At Laycock Primary School we believe that Physical Education is important for your child’s physical, emotional, social and intellectual wellbeing. We want to enable all our children to grow into active, healthy adults, who understand the importance and benefits of exercise, sport and well-being.
In March 2013 the Government announced that all Primary Schools would be receiving Sport Premium funding. Here is how we have used this investment to date:
- Deliver staff training through whole school Inset training.
- Develop staff knowledge and innovation
- Provide bespoke support to individual class teachers.
- Introduce a new curriculum to meet our learner’s needs.
- LEnhance opportunities for our students to experience competitive sport.Enhance opportunities for our students to experience intra and inter school competitions
- Develop links with local schools and sports organisations.
- Create a wider-range of extra-curricular sports offer.
- Further investment will go towards purchase of equipment, resources and providing swimming lessons.