All of our Early Years teachers are specialised in teaching the Early Years Foundation Stage and have a passion for delivering excellent teaching and learning. We deliver an exciting, enquiry-led curriculum, which follows the children’s interests to maximise their learning.
Our Early Years teachers deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum in a fun, exciting manner, where children are nurtured and supported throughout their learning journey.
- Early Years at Laycock Primary aims to provide a curriculum which is carefully structured and integrated: Provision for the different starting points from which children develop their learning, building upon what they can do, valuing learning through play and first hand experience.
- Children are encouraged to be independent and autonomous in their learning. Children think in a positive way about themselves so that they feel respected as individuals, whose culture and language are valued.
- Parents and practitioners work together to provide a secure link between home and school
- Ensure that all children have high quality learning experiences.
- Consider children’s interest, previous experience and needs when planning for their learning.
Our stimulating indoor and outdoor environment, encourage children to learn through self-initiated exploratory play, together with carefully planned activities, which are tailored towards individual children’s needs and interests. We ensure that children can learn by playing and exploring, being active, and through creative and critical thinking.